Friday, January 1, 2010

Avid Program

My daughter’s school implemented this program called AVID last year and I would like to say that this program is very beneficial. The program teaches skills that can be utilized throughout the rest of the school days and is meant to prepare students for college, or at least give them the knowledge via methodologies they need to get there. For example, note taking. I was never taught how to take notes, so I never did. Although it did get me through college anyways, I feel it would have been beneficial to have actually learned to process like my daughter has.

This post is part of the MAT@USC: Masters in Teaching Hope for the holidays event. Did you have an experience or witness something in 2009 which gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment